Wednesday, March 12, 2008
More Seattle Mystery Billboards
One of four new mystery billboards popping up in the Seattle area
Following the Seattle area mystery billboard that asked voters to remember September 11, 2001, MORE mystery billboards are turning up. Seattle PI Blog:
Earlier this week we told you about a billboard that recently appeared on Denny and Western urging voters to "remember September 11, 2001." Billboards are rarely used in politics, so the appearance of this message was particularly striking.
Clear Channel Outdoor has not returned any of the several calls we've made since Tuesday asking about the billboards and the identity of "Concerned Citizens for a Better America" -- a mystery that's sparked rampant speculation from readers. But thanks to feedback from you, we've learned the group has also purchased several other billboards around the city.
Meanwhile, it appears activity by this political group has angered another. On a commenter's suggestion, I contacted the California-based Citizens for a Better America and Friday got a response from Robert Colaco, the group's national chairman: "No, it's not us, and I'm not a happy camper about it."
The message from another mystery billboard
The Grub Street Plumber
Labels: Seattle Billboards
I've obviously been absent for some time... good to see you're still out here kick'n away. I think I've let myself hit the "put my fingers in my ears and yell... lalalalalalalalala" stage; while closing my eyes tight, of course.
I'm more than worried right now and I don't know the correct answers. Seems everyone else knows what's right even when they oppose each other. And as per usual, money and the price of things is sending us over the edge. Uuuugh.
I picture the whitehouse late at night with an earie background and mobs carrying tourches and pitch forks yelling "Frankenstein go home!!" And that will happen AFTER the new President takes office...
Hope you're having a great life!
I've been on line less these days lately too, and have not spent as much time visiting my blogroll as I did in the past.
This is such an important election year, so ripe for disaster if the Democrats win the WH and gain more of a majority in Congress it is scary. I hope Americans make their choices intelligently.
Take care, thank you for commenting. Give Ellie a big hug for me.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.