Thursday, February 21, 2008
Spinning Michelle Obama's Words
She repeated her statement twice, at two different setting, in two different places. She had time to rethink and re-edit her statement, but she did not. It would appear she didn't even question or reconsider that it was the first time in her adult lifetime that she was really proud of her country.
Liberals and Progressives are inserting various meanings of what she meant. They are quite forgiving of Mrs. Obama which is rather odd since the Liberals and Progressives have never been as forgiving of words spoken by their political opponents.
Liberals and Progressives are saying that what she meant is for the first time she is proud of the political system; that it is the current administration and the overall mood in the country of which she is not proud. None of this is true or accurate. What she said is what she said and she meant what she said.
The Liberals and Progressives are asking us to believe that this very intelligent and educated woman made a mistake or that she said something that she didn't mean? Please...I could buy their excuses if they were talking about some newbie who just stumbled onto the American political stage, but not about Mrs. Obama.
Mrs. Obama said what she said and she meant what she said. She is, and has been, the wife of an Illinois State Senator and a United States Senator. She knows the game, she knows the process, she knows the rhetoric, she knows how to posture and pander to the base that supports her husband's candidacy. Her words were crafted, calculated, planned, vetted and approved.
It is possible she said what she said for nothing other than political purposes and the political expediency of her husband; this would not surprise me.
Michelle Obama: join her and drink the Kool-Aid
Liberals and Progressives love to remind us that "words meaning something." Except when their own Chosen Ones say. If they misspeak, then the Left says it is something that can easily be explained. No one is supposed to examine or analyze those words. Another fine, outstanding double standard brought to you, and fiercely supported by, myopic Liberals and Progressives.
If Mrs. McCain, Mrs. Huckabee, Mrs. Paul, Mrs. Romney or the wife of any other Republican politician - currently or previously in office - the Left would be talking about it nonstop. And you know what - they'd be right doing so and I'd agree with them.
So why is The Left spinning so hard to excuse Mrs. Obama's statements?
This is not about what she implied or any obscure or uncertain meaning behind her words.
Look for the Left to silence Mrs. Obama in the same way they silenced Mrs. John Kerry - Teresa Heinz - in 2004 for her public relations faux pas.
Labels: Michelle Obama
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.