Saturday, February 16, 2008
Sex Offender Wins Lottery
From BBC News:
A convicted sex offender has won $10m in the Massachusetts state lottery in the US, but could face jail for failing to tell police he had moved.
Daniel Snay's win attracted the attention of the police in Connecticut, where he had lived for many years. They say he never informed them of his move.
Snay paid $20 for his "Billion Dollar Blockbuster" scratch ticket at a suburban convenience store in Massachusetts, where he has lived since 2004.
The 56-year-old was convicted several times of indecent assault and battery in the 1970s and 1980s, with two of the assaults involving a child under the age of 14.
But he is not banned from gambling.
He is classified in Massachusetts as a Level 3 offender, which puts him in the category of most dangerous or most likely to reoffend.
"That jackpot should've been mine, mine! All mine! I'm entitled to it!"
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.