Monday, February 18, 2008
Robert Somma Defender Gets Uppity
Somma was a Federal bankruptcy judge who was picked up by the cops for driving while intoxicated after he slammed his car into a truck. The arresting officer(s) noted that Somma was wearing a cocktail dress, fishnet stockings and high heals.
Somma drove from Boston to a gay bar in Manchester, New Hampshire, because - according to reports - no one in Manchester would know who he was.
So over at Bostonnow[dot]com, Kingcast writes the following about my post and me:
2 hours ago
I am disheartened by the number of Internet ass hats like David Drake [Heh - I'm an "ass hat" now? Notice how Dems can never refrain from making a personal attack. - Drake] who come in to blast on Judge Somma, "he HAS to be a Democrat" while looking the other way at Larry Craig. I told him as much but I bet he doesn't publish my comment; watch him right here: http://mrssatan.blogspot.com/2008/02/robert-somma-its-drag-being-busted-...
Perhaps you have overlooked the several posts on my blog where I agreed that Larry Craig was guilty of disorderly conduct. I never excused him for it. What I said was his behavior does not warrant his resignation, nor does what he did imply with certainty that he was trying to pick someone up in a public bathroom.
On the other hand we have Somma who was driving while intoxicated, causing a vehicular accident and collision. He was so intoxicated that according to the cops who nabbed him he passed out several times during questioning.
The two cases are not similar in the least.
As far as you writing I would not publish your comment, I don't know why you would make that presumption.
Finally, lighten up and buy yourself a sense of humor.
2:19 PM, February 18, 2008
Tell me that Democrats wouldn't be having a field day with any Republican male picked up for DUI who was wearing the same kind of women's clothing as Somma.
Look, the Democrats exploit the slightest nuance of anyone they perceive to be their enemy or opponent. I'm applying the same standard right back on them, and they don't like it.
Grow up, buy a sense of humor or quit being such hypocrites. If you don't like what gets dished back at you, then stop dishing it in the first place, witness the treatment of Larry Craig or Mark Foley.
Oh - Kingcast, please make note in the comment section of Bostonnow that I published your comment. It wouldn't be out of place for me to ask you to be fair now, would it?
Labels: Robert Somma
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.