Friday, February 15, 2008
A Rhino Named Kofi Annan
A baby rhinoceros in Kenya has been named after (my words): one of the most corrupt United Nation's Secretary Generals ever. BBC News:
A new-born rhinoceros in Kenya has been named Kofi Annan in honour of the former UN Secretary General.
Baby Kofi was born at the weekend in the community-owned Ol Choro Oirogua Conservancy in the Maasai Mara reserve.
Kofi's birth comes three months after a new strategy was announced to increase the numbers of endangered rhinos.
Rangers did not say there were any obvious comparisons between Mr Annan and the horned beast, but some have suggested he will need a thick skin to push forward difficult negotiations between Mr Kibaki and Mr Odinga.
"Thick-skinned Kofi Annan is likely to spend years in the wild," the United Nations said in a statement.
The Always Defiant Two-Legged Kofi Annan
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.