Monday, February 11, 2008
Monday Night Move Pick
It is a - some say morbid - biography of Sid Vicious, the Sex Pistols and Sid's girlfriend Nancy Spungen. Gary Oldman stars as Sid and Chloe Webb as Nancy, both turning in riveting performances.
In my opinion, this is an excellent movie, in my Top Ten list of all-time favorite films.
Additional background information from Wikipedia, including:
The original music is by Pray for Rain, Joe Strummer and The Pogues.
Prominent musicians made appearances in the film, including: Iggy Pop, The Circle Jerks, Edward Tudor-Pole of Tenpole Tudor and future Hole singer Courtney Love.
Roger Ebert gave Sid and Nancy a four-star review for The Chicago Sun-Times, writing that [director Alex] Cox and his crew "pull off the neat trick of creating a movie full of noise and fury, and telling a meticulous story right in the middle of it.
Check listings for your local time zone.
Take care EC.
Yes, Gary Oldman is such a fine actor in everything he does and Sid was no different.
I bet it looks good in DVD High Def or Blue Ray.
Thanks for commenting and visiting, as always!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.