Friday, February 08, 2008
Hillary's Staff Goes Without Pay
Members of Senator Hillary Clinton's senior campaign staff have agreed to work without pay for the month of February. Communications Director Howard Wolfson called the move "a show of solidarity with Hillary Clinton".
Campaign Manager Patti Solis Doyle is one of those who will forego a paycheck for the month. Solis Doyle told ABC News she offered the Senator her services for free. She said she was not asked to take a pay cut.
Many of Clinton's top staff, including Solis Doyle and others, have been with the Senator for more than a decade and are fiercely loyal to her.
Senator Clinton reached into her own pockets to give the campaign a $5 million loan late last month.
She explained Wednesday that the loan was made out of necessity.
"I loaned the campaign $5 million from my money. That's where I got the money." Clinton said. She emphasized the word "my" to make clear that the loan did not involve her husband, the former President.
From The Associated Press:
Clinton said the loan and salary deferrals were not a sign of financial difficulties.
"No, not at all," Clinton told ABC News in an interview Thursday. "We were outraised in January, which we took steps immediately to address, and I think the results on Super Tuesday showed that we were more than competitive. Since Tuesday we've raised millions of dollars on the Internet, so we're going to be fine.
"And my staff is so dedicated that they stepped up and said, 'Look, this is so important we're going to do our part.'
it has been run like a plantation, and you know what I'm talkin' about."
Manipulation and Photo Shop of original images does not violate existing copyright pursuant to Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code which allows and permits said manipulation and Photo Shop for purposes of "parody and satire."
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.