Monday, October 08, 2007
Happy Columbus Day!
If your local newspaper runs an advertisement for a national franchise or local store that is having a Columbus Day sale, make sure you patronize that store. Buy something from them, even if it's just a low-priced item. Tell them you appreciate that they have the guts to celebrate and offer a Columbus Day sale.
Read about last year's Macy's Columbus Day Outerwear sale HERE and how unwashed mom and greasy-haired daughter (or daughter-in-law) bitched about it. What a couple of soap and water challenged losers they both are.
Let me know - add a comment - if your local paper runs any advertisements of a retailer having a Columbus Day sale.
I wish everyone a happy, joyous, prosperous, cheerful and glorious Columbus Day.
In Columbus Day related news, Columbus Day Parade protesters arrested in Denver. I wonder if stinky, unwashed mom and greasy-haired daughter (or daughter-in-law) were among them?
Labels: Columbus Day
Perhaps he wasn't the first European to make it to the Americas. However he is considered the reason for the eventual exploration/colonization of both North and South America
Unless you want to revise history which most Liberals want to do because the real history always refutes their ideas...
I agree with your first sentence, and so did most of the experts involved in the PBS Columbus program. Good point!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.