Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Hillary Clinton MrsSatan Returns $850,000 Dirty, Dirty Campaign Contribution
WASHINGTON (AFP) — Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton is to return 850,000 dollars in campaign funds collected by a Hong Kong businessman detained on fraud charges, her office said Tuesday.
Norman Hsu surrendered to police on August 31 having been on the run from Californian authorities since 1992, after he failed to show up at a hearing into fraud charges against him.
Hsu, a naturalized US citizen who originates from Hong Kong, had helped to collect thousands of dollars at state and federal level for Clinton's campaign coffers since 2003.
His name recently appeared on the list of the Democratic Party's 20 top donors and several Democratic party politicians, including Clinton and her nearest rival for the 2008 nomination, Barack Obama, have said they would either return the money he collected or give it to charity.
"In light of recent events and allegations that Mr. Norman Hsu engaged in an illegal investment scheme, we have decided out of an abundance of caution to return the money he raised for our campaign," Clinton's spokesman Howard Wolfson said in a statement.
"Despite conducting a thorough review of public records, our campaign, like these others, were unaware of Mr. Hsu's decade-plus old warrant." [Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... - Drake]
He added some 260 donors would receive refunds totaling about 850,000 dollars. The same donors could however choose to make out a new check for Clinton's campaign.
The MSM and Insane Liberal Clown Posse would be all over this story like white on rice, endlessly and breathlessly reporting on it, if this was campaign money raised by Mitt Romney, John McCain, Rudy Giuliani or any other Republican, or...Joe Lieberman.
But it's MrsSatan. She gets a Free Pass, of course.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.