Saturday, September 08, 2007
Baghdad Letters From Thomas Friedman
Friedman, writing from Baghdad, visited the Ameriya neighborhood of Baghdad. He writes:
[This is an area] that first came under assault from Shiite militia, then from pro-al Qaida Iraqi Sunnis, who moved in on the pretext of protecting the Sunnis from the Shiites and then imposed a reign of Islamist terror on them.
The Ameriya Knights are predominantly secular Sunni boys from the neighborhood, who banded together to protect their homes from Shiite death squads and to drive out the pro-al Qaida forces, which took root here more deeply than I realized.
When I asked one of them, Omar Nassif, 32, why he had gone from shooting at Americans to working with them, he said, "I saw an al Qaida man behead an 8-year old girl with my own eyes."
Maybe it will take Hillary Clinton, John The Sissy Edwards and Barack Obama to "talk with" and "negotiate with" the likes of those who behead 8-year old girls. Then again, if Clinton, Edwards and Obama are afraid to appear on FOX News, what makes anyone think they can deal with the likes of terrorists who behead children?
And yes, Friedman is getting nailed with barbs from Lefties like Reclaim the Media to note one example. Yeah...you're just another reich winger if you even slightly dissent with the crowd that worships at the Altar of Abortion and is infected from head to toe with Bush Derangement Syndrome. There is no room for dissent in the party that claims to be "tolerant" and "inclusive" of all views. They are tolerant...as long as your views don't differ from the issued Talking Points.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.