Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Amy Klobuchar Says "You're Dumb"
Klobuchar has introduced a "Cell Phone Bill of Rights":
Minnesota DFL U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar [held] a forum Monday in Golden Valley about legislation she is sponsoring to protect cell phone consumers.
Klobuchar says the legislation was prompted by complaints she gets from constituents about poor service and unexpected fees from cell phone companies. Klobuchar is calling her initiative a "Bill of Rights" for cell phone consumers.
Speaking on the Senate floor last Friday, Klobuchar said it's time to level the playing field in the cell phone contract game. "Early termination fees are a family budget buster," she said. "Families should be able to terminate service without outrageous fees and know if their cell phone will work on their drives and in their home and office."
If you're going to pay over $50K to the cell phone companies in your lifetime you either made the wrong choice in providers or are talking on a cell phone way too much.
You have a free markets of several cell phone carriers to select service. But no, you don't want to do the footwork, you want the govt to protect you.
Sorry, but I couldn't disagree with you more.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.