Tuesday, August 07, 2007
School Assisted Teacher In Molesting Children
VICTORVILLE, CALIF. (CN) – Victor Elementary School District allowed its teacher Rogelio Cardenas to sexually molest immigrant children by threatening that if their parents reported the sexual assaults, the family would be deported, two families alleged in separate, but similar, claims in San Bernardino Superior Court. One family claims that Cardenas, who is in jail charged with aggravated sexual abuse of a child, sexually abused their 6-year-old girl from September 2006 through January 2007.
They claim that “as early as the 2000-2001 school year, VESD received numerous complaint about Cardenas’ inappropriate behavior by touching his female students sexually. These complaints were made both to VESD at their district offices and through then principal of Del Rey Elementary School, Gloria Garza. As a result of Mr. Cardenas’s conduct in this regard, school officials elected to remove certain females from his classes.
In response to the complaints of parents who children had been molested by Mr. Cardenas, VESD officials would advise such complaining parents that if they investigated the matter and it was discovered incidentally that the parents were illegal aliens, that they would then be deported. After being given that advisal, the complaining parents would then be invited to withdraw their complaint. As a result of this policy, Cardenas targeted the children of undocumented workers, knowing that VESD would engage in such threats to deport the parents of molestation victims who pursued complaints involving the District.” Plaintiffs demand punitive damages. All plaintiffs are represented by Marc Grossman of Upland.
Sorry; good luck to you.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.