Saturday, August 25, 2007
Coon Rapids Little League Spitters
COON RAPIDS, Minn. -- The Coon Rapids Little League club has apologized after two Minnesota players spit into their hands before shaking hands with players from Chandler, Ariz., who had eliminated Coon Rapids from the Little League World Series.
Coon Rapids manager Mark Lowe issued the apology after learning that ESPN video televised nationally showed two players spitting into their hands before the traditional postgame handshakes after Wednesday's 9-2 loss.
Lowe called it a "lapse in judgment.''
"We apologize to the players and coaches of Arizona, to the people of Coon Rapids and Minnesota. We have reflected poorly on the community,'' the statement read. The statement was released by Little League officials from the tournament in South Williamsport, Pa.
Coon Rapids National finished 1-2 in the series for 12- and 13-year-olds.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.