Sunday, July 08, 2007
Running And Jogging Wearing A Fur Coat
But leave the dogs at home, in the air-conditioned house with a dish full of fresh and iced water. At 7 or 8PM - it's still in the 80 degree range in a lot of places - and some areas of the country are having near record setting high humidity and increasing dew-points.
Try putting on a heavy coat and pants made from thick, insulating material and jogging in it. Think of how quickly your internal thermostat would register into the Overheated and Dangerous level. The same thing with your dog - who can only release their heat by panting and through the pads on their paws. If I'm wrong on this, someone let me know.
A quick call to your Veterinarian's office can tell you at what temps it's safe to take Rover jogging with you and when it's best to leave him home.
No copyright infringement intended on Ron Berg's White Dog
My puppy is too young to go jogging with me and I hardly hit "fast walk" with her because she pulls me in 10 directions at once.
But I do have to take her into the back yard to play even when it's hot because she has so much energy that she almost jumps out of her skin if she doesn't get some outside time.
We have our famous pool for her to cool off in and she's usually out there for about 10-20 minutes when I've usually hit my limit of heat.
I encourage folks to check with their Vets and ask at what temperature range is it safe to take my dog running.
Your puppy is growing like a monster, from the looks of the more recent pics.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.