Sunday, July 15, 2007
More U.S. Troops Deployed
... - wait for it - ...
... to Kosovo.
250 soldiers from the 135th Infantry of the Minnesota Army National Guard, some from Albert Lea, Austin and Rochester, will leave for Kosovo in the next few days.
Similar note HERE, at bottom of story:
Go & do
What: Deployment send-off ceremony.
When: 6 p.m. July 15.
Where: Austin Armory, 800 21st St. N.E.
Why: To see the troops off to Kosovo.
Minnesota's 334th Brigade Support Battalion will deploy its troops to Kosovo in mid-July.
NATO asks for more time in Kosovo.
Even Germany is getting in on the action with its parliament on Thursday approving a one-year extension of the country's military presence in Kosovo as part of a NATO-led peacekeeping force.
- - -
Kosovo? You mean Bill Clinton's War?
But wasn't that back in the late 1990s?
So...we've had U.S. Troops in Kosovo longer than in Iraq or Afghanistan?
"You nailed it."
"No, no, it's just different...because...ur...because it was Bill Clinton!"
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.