Friday, July 13, 2007
More Nixon Tapes Released
Nixon complained bitterly about Democratic campaign hecklers who shouted down his speeches, in contrast to well-mannered Republicans.
“Our people,” he snapped, “are so goddamn polite.”
[Nixon and Charles Colson] agree that they want "a Jew" to have a prominent post in Nixon's second term.
Nixon: "I don't basically want a "house Jew" for example, like Max Fisher, you know, is insisting that his man come in and I'm not going to do that."
Nixon: "You know this fellow, to the last, was a prick. Did you see his concession statement?"
Kissinger: "Oh, cut it out."
Nixon: "He was very gracious in the beginning."
Nixon says speechwriter Ray Price urged him to send McGovern a message that he looks forward to working with him and his supporters for peace in the years ahead.
Nixon: "And I just said hell no, I'm not gonna send him that sort of wire. Don't you agree?"
Kissinger: "Absolutely. He was ungenerous, petulant, unworthy."
Nixon: "As you probably know, I responded in a very decent way to him."
Kissinger: "I thought it was a great statement."
Ah well...yes, we need another Nixon.
The Left will assail his comments and undoubtedly be called "racist" views. But Hillary Clinton will escape all questions and accusations for her use of the N-Word and disparaging remarks about Jews. How Grande their hypocrisy.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.