Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Minnesota Gopher Football
Player Released On Bail
Bail was set at $25,000 Tuesday for a Minnesota cornerback accused of raping a woman who investigators say had consumed so much alcohol that she was physically helpless and unresponsive.
Dominic Jones, 20, made his first court appearance on a charge of third-degree criminal sexual conduct stemming from the April 3 incident which investigators say was captured on video by a cell phone.
[Jones] he was not arrested with his three teammates in April until the case took what Freeman calls an unexpected turn: two weeks after April's three arrests, investigators learned of a cell phone video taken by one of those teammates.
Specialists retrieved the deleted file, which they say shows Jones raping the victim, who by then was unresponsive.
"A picture's worth a thousand words," Freeman said. "And that cell phone video really reflects what happened, at least at that point in time."
Police are still investigating what else happened that night, and say they have both interviews and evidence that point to the three other players. And while Freeman says those men remain suspects, it's still unclear whether they'll be charged.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.