Saturday, July 14, 2007
Lexus Catches Fire
Flames shot from a luxury car near I-94 and Humboldt in Brooklyn Center late Friday morning, backing up traffic on the major interstate.
Smoke filled the sky just before 10:00 a.m. Authorities arrived on the scene and were able to put out the fire in the Lexus, which was only three months old.
The driver, Cory Grambart, wasn't hurt and walked away from the car. Grambart told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that he got out just in time.
"I was driving in my car and it just started goin' funny, the next thing you know I could smell smoke," Grambart said, who was on his way to meet a businesses associate in Maple Grove. "My dash lit up like a Christmas tree."
"I look over my shoulder and there was already fire in the car. I pulled over real fast, jumped out of the car and it was engulfed within seconds."
At this point, it's not clear why the luxury vehicle caught on fire so rapidly.
Guaranteed design or manufacturing flaw. Any length of unfused cable coming from the battery to the central fuse block should be completely encased in some cable armor.
I would appreciate any information about lexus car fires. Obviously there is a serious defect in the car
I have no new or additional info on the Lexus fires. Perhaps you can find some updates by searching on the terms Lexus fires? Or checking with your local Lexus dealer.
Screw the Lexus. Buy a Ford. (Don't buy GM, they'll be out of business in less than ten years because of Obama's meddling.)
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.