Friday, July 20, 2007
Hummer Hate Crime?
It's bad enough to wake up and find someone has vandalized your car. But it's even worse to find out you may have been targeted because your car has come to symbolize big road hogging gas guzzlers everywhere.
The H2 was Gareth Grove's dream car. So when he finally bought it and fixed it up just right, he was happy man. That lasted four days.
Early Monday morning, someone came by his house and smashed it up.
[The incomplete message] "For the environ" [was scraped into the Hummer's metal exterior].
Neighbors were sympathetic, but [Ah- the "But". D.D.] everyone we talked to had a sense that the Hummer has come to be a symbol of American greed and waste on the roadways.
Some neighbors admit they don't like gas-guzzling Hummers, but said they aren't condoning the vandalism.
"People were commenting that it was a bit ostentatious," Olivier said.
One neighbor, however, hopes the Hummer never returns.
"I think you should suggest to them to get a more discrete vehicle. Discrete and economical," Athena Adams said.
or maybe molson commented here.
Is this censorship or what? Sheeeeesh. :o)
I think I said something like... with neighbors like that who needs Iraq.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.