Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Kevin Garnett was traded on Tuesday in the largest trade for a single player in NBA history.
The Boston Herald reports also that Garnett has agreed to a three-year extension with the Celtics, in addition to the two years left on contract, which would keep him in Boston through the 2011-12 season.
The Celtics acquired Garnett, a 10-time All-Star and the NBA MVP in 2004, from Minnesota in exchange for Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, a 2009 first-round draft pick and a return of Minnesota's conditional first-round pick previously obtained in the Ricky Davis-Wally Szczerbiak trade.
The Timberwolves also receive cash considerations in the deal. The 2009 pick Boston is sending to Minnesota is top-three protected.
Puh-leeeeez. Sometimes you have good reasons to be disdainful of Minn sports, but the underlying theme is that you just don't support local sports. Liberals are anti-American, but you may be anti-Minnesota...
I was a diehard fan of the Twolves until they pissed away money on Garnett at THE EXPENSE OF A QUALITY NBA TEAM AND THE OTHER PLAYERS.
I'd be more supportive of the Twins and the ViQueens if they didn't have their fucking hands in the trough of partially publicly funded - (ie THE TAXPAYER) - stadiums. If NASCAR sucked Taxpayer money like other major sports are known to do, I think you'd be angry too.
Gordo is Gay. So there.
I'm anti-Taxpayer funded sports stadiums for million and billionaires. I know you're just tryng to pull my strings. You alomst - almost succeeded.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.