Thursday, July 19, 2007
Dems Tackle Little In All Nighter - Sleepover
Does anyone believe that Robert Byrd, Ted Kennedy, Osama Hussein Obama, Hillary Clinton or Norm Coleman are going to sleep on a cot? Come on...Ted Kennedy on a cot?
ABC News (that would be not FOX News for you Liberals) reports that the Dems left around 1AM with a 5AM roll call scheduled. No hourly roll call attendance was taken as Reid had promised, so those who wanted to leave could do so. Many of the Democrat lady senators left to take advantage of their (un?)beauty sleep. Cal Thomas calls it The Democratic Wimp Out:
“Harry, sweetheart,” said Sen. Barbara Boxer of California, who led a group of Democrats in pleading with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for a delay in voting, “5:30 or 6?” Reid complied and senators abandoned the chamber so fast you would have thought it was on fire.
The All-Nighter was nothing more than just another example in a long list of Dog And Pony Shows by the politicians who fear losing the Insane Liberal Clown Posse voting bloc. Reid, Clinton, Obama, Biden, Boxer...all of 'em on the Dem side fear being not perceived as being Liberal enough by the ILCP. They have good reason to fear because they aren't as Liberal as the ILCP desires.
52-47...Dems lose again.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.