Saturday, June 02, 2007
TB Boy: Andrew Speaker
He traveled the world knowing there was the likelihood that he was a biological ticking time-bomb.
He is no different than someone with a communicable disease who deliberately infects others. He is no different than someone who deliberately infects their partners with sexually transmitted diseases.
And why is he receiving medical care in the United States? Why, the Liberals tell us that it's places like Cuba that have the world's most advanced and state of the art medical technology.
Ship Tuberculosis Boy to Havana General Hospital. Certainly he'd receive far superior medical care there, right?
Tuberculosis Boy says, "he's sorry". Oh, well, that makes all the potential people he may have infected feel better, doesn't it?
How is it Speaker was asymptomatic, yet test results showed he has full-blown TB:
According to the CDC, Speaker developed a nagging cough in January of this year. His symptoms included fatigue, chest pain, weakness, and coughing up blood. X-rays indicated a 'spot on his lung' that remained undiagnosed for some weeks to months. Once doctors learned the causative agent was tuberculosis, the Fulton County Health Department was notified and follow-up care and testing began. (Note: The CDC has reported that no antibiotic treatment had been administered to Speaker prior to commencement in Atlanta following his return to the US in late May — odd, isn't it?)
What we now know is that Andrew Speaker was asymptomatic — in fact, all signs of TB ended in January or possibly February. (Note: Asymptomatic patients generally do not spread the infection. Contagion occurs during active stages of the disease via aerosolized mycobacterium particles contained within cough 'spray' or, in rare cases, after touching a surface contaminated by an infected person — XDR-TB can remain on surfaces for several weeks unless cleaned with a strong disinfectant).
He put the lives of others at risk because of his pure selfishness. I hope he is sued by those he put at risk and loses everything he has. I have no sympathy for this man.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.