Thursday, June 07, 2007
Anaheim Ducks Win Stanley Cup
Congratulations to the Anaheim Ducks in winning their first, ever Stanley Cup, beating the Ottawa Senators last night by a score of 6-2. I predicted a low-scoring Ducks win of 2-1 yesterday...boy was I off on that.
The Ducks - only in their 14th season - played one hell of a series and a great season. They deserve to own the Cup this season, no doubt about it.
Their win last night is the first West Coast win since 1925 when The Cup was won by the the defunct Victoria Cougars.
Ottawa played as best they could, but in this series and this season, I'm convinced that no other team was going to take the Cup from the Ducks. They had the motivation, the agility and the endurance.
Now, next year, I want to see the Wild bringing The Cup to Minnesota.
Every Duck Has Its Day at Hockey Nation with a bunch of links to Ducks and Cup-related stories.
It pays to have running buddies who are pro athletes.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.