Monday, May 21, 2007
Jimmy Carter's "I was careless
and misinterpreted" Tour
Ex-President Jimmy Carter - Worst.President.Ever. - appearing on Monday's "Today Show" - said: CNN:
Former President Jimmy Carter said Monday his remarks were "careless or misinterpreted" when he said the Bush administration has been the "worst in history" for its impact around the world. Speaking on NBC's "Today," Carter appeared to retreat from a statement he made to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette for a Saturday story in which he said: "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history."
Spinning Jimmy says he was speaking about the Nixon Administration. Really? This certainly begs the question then why Carter would include the name of outgoing U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair if Carter was talking about Nixon's policies. This isn't the first time Carter displayed his sourness over Bush and Blair.
* In March 2004 he called the war an unnecessary war "based upon lies and misinterpretations" in order to oust Saddam Hussein.
* In June 2005, Carter urged the closing of the Guantanamo Bay
* In August 2006, Carter criticized Blair for being "subservient" to the Bush administration (WaPO), and accused Blair of giving unquestioning support to any "radical or ill-advised" policy adopted by Bush.
Carter is in no position to criticize any other former president on any issue.
He's not even in the position to criticize the president of a High School Glee Club.
A partial list of Carter's personal and administrative failures are found Right HERE.
There's a reason that Carter was so thoroughly rejected by voters in the 1980 election, losing the popular vote by 10 points to Ronald Reagan.
There's a reason Reagan won 91% of the electoral vote.
There's a reason Carter won only six states and the District of Columbia.
The reason is his presidency and administration was a failure, an absolute, full-blown and complete failure - the likes of which the U.S. had never seen. Voters, including waves of Democrats, rejected Carter and his Administration.
No one - other than Bill Clinton's presidency and administration - has done more damage to the U.S., our allies and the international community than Jimmy Carter's pathetic one-term presidential stint.
Wikipedia: Jimmy Carter
Answers.com: Jimmy Carter
All I did was write about the truth of the Carter term, the inflation, energy crisis, hostage crisis, U/E rate, etc.
Anyone who wants to return to those times, raise your hands.I haven't had anyone comment or tell me they do.
We're going to agree to disagree on what we subjectively think of the Carter Presidency.
Thanks for visiting and commenting. I hope you'll return often.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.