.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 09, 2007

The Thinking Blogger

Although technically-speaking I wasn't technically "meme'd" for this, BobG at the very fine Sweet Spirits of Ammonia nominated me as one of his Top Five Blogs That Makes You Think. Thank you Bob, I am honored, flattered and humbled by your consideration and kindness.

The rules are:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme and know who thinks so highly of you!

3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.

Like I said, depending on how you define is meme'd, I may or may not be breaking rule number one (like rule-breaking has ever stopped me before), but I thought it would be a good idea to do the same for five blogs that, in my opinion, are ones that I find very fine blogs indeed. This is not to diminish any of the other fine blogs I link to, for I find all of them great. Narrowing it down to five choices was not an easy task, not by any means.



These are my five selections and the reasons why I chose them:

1) Miss O'Hara, for never being derogatory toward the subject or person she is writing about. I don't know how she does it. (Me? - I try - although I admit I step up to the very edge, I truly don't feel I ever go over it or push the envelope beyond the boundary). Miss O'Hara is a true rarity in the blogosphere, selected for her unwavering ability to be objectively critical of whatever issue she writes about without ever - I repeat EVER - being disparaging, judgmental or condescending toward the issue or person. I admire her beyond words for her ability to do this.

2) The Hill Chronicles, by Layla Gonzalaz. If it's newsworthy or making headlines, you will find a fair and just analysis of it at The Hill Chronicles. When I think I've thought an issue through every which way possible, I will almost always find yet another facet or side to the story or issue that I didn't think of at THC (heh---THC....sorry Layla). Layla applies the same standards to the Right as she does the Left. She is always up-to-date on what is happening around the world and when breaking news breaks, it's only a matter of moments before it's posted and analyzed on her blog.

3)

4) GuyK. I always learn something at Charming, Just Charming. I think Guy is one of those worldly type guys who has seen and done almost all there is to do and if there's something he hasn't done, I'm guessing it's because he felt it wasn't worth his time. CJC is a learning place for anything from A to Z, from politics to fishing lures, from gardening to homespun stories that will leave you laughing and groaning. Guy knows what's going on...and he let's his readers in on it too.

5) Less Idiots, Less People. Blind partisanship doesn't exist at LILP. If the Left deserves to be slammed, it's slammed. If the Right deserves to be slammed, it's slammed. Rev. Gisher pulls no punches and doesn't believe in sacred cows. Throughout the years the Rev and I have gone 'round and round on a small number of issues we don't see eye-to-eye on, yet he is always respectful of opinions different from his. He treats those who comment fairly and with civility, but if they need a kick in the butt he's not adverse to giving them one. A more fair and just fellow you will not find.

And of course, it is incumbent of me to again mention Bob at Sweet Spirits of Ammonia. Fair, honest, rational - a man who seems to always see the silver lining in any cloud - something of which I am incapable of doing. His tag line for his blog is: "Smelling salts for an unconscious world," and we all owe Bob a debt of gratitude for shedding light onto those unconscious things that if it were not for Bob, we'd be in the dark. Thanks again, Bob.

©2007

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker



Web Site Traffic Counters
Alabama Internet

Listed on BlogShares

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This site uses photographs and material from other sources in strict
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.

Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.