Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Some Gun Facts
Look at their Chart and then look at the Number Crunching. Again, worth repeating, "firearm-related crime has plummeted since 1993, then slightly increased in 2005."
Scroll down this page and read the part titled OFFENDERS:
According to the 1997 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those possessing a gun, the source of the gun was from -
* a flea market or gun show for fewer than 2%
* a retail store or pawnshop for about 12%
* family, friends, a street buy, or an illegal source for 80%
And THIS CHART - oh, THIS CHART is really interesting. Note the jump up in gun crimes in...in....(ahem) the year 1993 and how that trend took ever so long to diminish.
Gee, I wish...I wish the heck I could remember who was the president in 1993. I'm pretty sure whoever he was was sworn into office in January...and coincidentally at the same time, gun crime rates skyrocketed. Oh....if I could only remember who was the president back then? Can anyone help me out? Do you know who I'm talking about...you know, that guy....that guy....yeah...him.
By the way, if what happened at VT is Bushs' fault, Clinton can take the blame for Columbine and Oklahoma City, to name just two.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.