Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Reactions To Virginia Tech
"The gun control argument fails completely in cases like this. A gun-free zone, such as a college campus, proves that banning weapons does not work. You had dozens of people at the mercy of a madman, the only one on campus who was armed."
- Posted by: Joe, Boston, MA, USA
- - -
"A gun is only a tool, much like a hammer or screwdriver. It only does what the person holding it does with it."
- Posted by: Matt - North Carolina, USA
- - -
"Guns in the US - yes it is real easy - when I first arrived it was one heck of a job to get a mobile phone - no credit record - they said. Gun - no problem."
- Posted by: Andy - Alabama
- - -
"I think the USA needs to take a long hard look at yourselves & you’re out dated constitution.
With this sad loss of live at V Tech the students/teachers/employee's of V Tech & people who live in the state of Virginia should use this opportunity to help stop this atrocity happening again.
"You should hold a mass demonstration to force the Virginia state governor to go to your President Bush & force him to amend your constitution to stop this outrage happening again at another school/campus else where in the USA."
- Posted by: Edward london [sic]
- - -
"Sad ..but how many people have Americans killed in Irag [sic], Afghanistan etc etc..the world does not feel sorry anymore!"
- Posted by: P Makhecha- Surrey
- - -
"america [sic] the most civilised country in the world."
- Posted by: ken, southampton [sic]
- - -
"These students were left defenseless against a deranged madman who obtained his weapons illegally. They were sacrifised [sic] due to the political correct idealism of, 'If we ban guns, then no one will use them.'
"We banned guns in the UK and now they are easier to get hold of and gun crime has rocketed."
- Posted by: Ken Hall, Barrow-in Furness, UK
Labels: V Tech
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.