Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Quentin Tarantino's ambitious new film, Grindhouse, has failed to do as well as hoped at the US and Canada box office.
Tarantino joined with Robert Rodriguez to make the three-and-a-quarter-hour blood-soaked homage to the low-budget horror films of the 1970s.
It debuted at number four with three- day ticket sales of $11.6m (£5.9m) instead of the expected $20m (£10.1m).
I love "Reservoir Dogs" - one of my favorite films of all time, one I can watch over and over and over and over and over again - his best work, in my opinion. "Pulp" is very good. But after that...sayonara, Quentin. "Jackie Brown" and the "Kill Bills"?...nyet!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.