Sunday, April 01, 2007
BREAKING: Earthquake, Tsunami Warning...
Sydney Morning Herald:
A tsunami warning has been issued for north-east Queensland by the Bureau of Meteorology following an undersea earthquake near the Solomon Islands.
New Zealand Herald:
A strong earthquake with a magnitude of 7.6 hit the Solomon Island at 8.39am [Monday, April 2] morning and triggered a tsunami.
The quake was 10 kilometres deep and struck 45 km south south-east of Gizo, a small township on New Georgia Islands, according to the website of US Geological Survey.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.