Saturday, January 13, 2007
MN Senate and House Eat Well, Very Well!
State Senators are now reimbursed up to $96/day on meals, up from $66/day. State House Representatives can be reimbursed up to $77/day for meals.
"That's some rich eating," said REPUBLICAN Representative Mark Buesgens.
The MN Legislature is in session approximately 140 days of the year.
$96 x 140 days = $13,440
$77 x 140 days = $10,780
Nice bump in addition to their salaries of $31,XXX some thousand dollars per year (session, really) and the myriad of all their other perks.
Senate Majority Leader, DemocRAT Larry Pogemiller said he doesn't consider the meal pay increase a "backdoor" pay increase. "It's reasonable to expect that members be reimbursed for reasonable expenses," said Pogemiller, a true trendsetting Tax And Spender.
Here's the Real Kicker: No receipt or proof of meal purchase is required for reimbursement . So you can just take that daily meal allowance and put in your pocket!
Just hop on board the meal reimbursement train. Mmmmmm-mmmmmmmm good, isn't it, DemocRATS?
Are you sure you can survive on only $96 and $77 per day for meals? IS that enough? I wouldn't want to see my representatives dumpster diving behind the Capitol between sessions and hearings.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.