Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Actor Rip Torn, best known for his supporting role on "The Larry Sanders Show," was arrested Monday afternoon for driving drunk, police said.
Torn, 74, was involved in a two-vehicle accident on Hardscrabble Road, state police in New York said.
Torn, whose recent credits include the role of Patches O'Houlihan in the movie "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story," was being processed at the New York State Police barracks in Somers and was expected to be arraigned in North Salem court Monday evening.
Torn's publicist, Dick Guttman, said from Los Angeles that he had not heard from Torn and could not comment.
Torn was faced with a barrage of reporters and photographers when he was led out of police barracks in handcuffs Monday night, according to The Journal News of Westchester County, N.Y.
"It's a bunch of bull (expletive). The truck hit me. I didn't do anything," the newspaper quoted the actor as saying.
Torn [was] arrested once before for allegedly driving drunk.
In 2004 in New York City, the actor was acquitted when jurors said the prosecution failed to prove that he was drinking before his fender-bender with a taxi. A police videotape showed Torn cursing and berating officers before turning down a sobriety test, but his lawyer said that was due to anger, not drinking.
Hey, Rip...it's Show Time! Smile for the camera! "LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION!"
I like Rip, I think he's a good actor. He's also a Liberal. See, I can appreciate his acting without letting his political views be a factor.
"I didn't do anything," - the refrain of all guilty Liberals when caught!
So...what's with all these Liberals being such DRUNKS? Not very good role models for Responsible Drinking, are they...my, my...TSK, TSK!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.