Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Another MN National Guard Soldier Killed In Iraq
23-year-old Specialist Nicholas Turcotte was in an armored vehicle that was escorting a logistics convoy with soldiers from a West St. Paul-based unit when it rolled over on a road near Nasiriyah on Monday.
The Guard says the accident was not the result of enemy action and the cause remains under investigation. It says no other Minnesota National Guard soldiers were hurt in the accident.
It was the second major blow to the Minnesota National Guard since Saturday, when two soldiers were killed and two were injured by a roadside bomb in Iraq.
Thank you for Your Service, Spec. Turcotte.
- - -
Two MN Guards Killed Earlier this week.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.