Monday, November 06, 2006
VOTE! VOTE ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7 !
Federal Law mandates that your employer allow you time to be absent form work in order to vote. Make sure you vote!
Ask yourselves, who would prefer that you not vote? Which party is stating false and erroneous statements telling us that Republicans and Conservatives aren't going to vote on Tuesday? Which party is saying "you're going to sit this election out," because you're "disgusted" with either Mark Foley, George Allen or, most recently, Colorado's Rev. Ted Haggard who, last time I checked, isn't a candidate for any political office.
Which party has, for at least the last six years, desperately grasped at straws for an issue - any issue - not giving you a reason to vote for them, but to vote against Conservatives?
Which party has jumped from issue to issue and subject to subject in a last resort for an issue to represent them instead of them representing an issue?
Valerie Plame, Karl Rove, Downing Street, K-Street, Katrina, WMDs, Diebold Voting Machines, Dick Cheney, Tom DeLay, War for Oil, "Occupation", Halliburton, "My Pet Goat", Abu Ghraib, "Hanging Chads", Karl Rove, Donald Rumsfeld, "Right Wing Talk Radio", Haditha, gay marriage, Jack Abramoff, John Bolton, John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Harriet Miers, gasoline prices.
None of their faux "issues" stuck and now they ramp up their empty orotundity telling us that Conservatives will sit this election out. What pure and absolute pretentiousness on the part of Liberals!
The Left plays the same cards of gloom, doom, scare and fear that they play in every election. If the Left put as much effort into defeating Terrorism as they do smearing their political opponents we'd have a much more peaceful world.
Remember, the Left hasn't given any of us reasons to vote FOR them. The Left momentarily gloms onto an issue only to abandon it if it doesn't get them the result they think it should. There's no consistency or dependability with the Left. They have no long range plans. Don't allow the Left to win back the House or the Senate.
Get out and vote on Tuesday.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.