Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Election Update 2: My Picks For U.S. House and Senate
Eastern Time Zone:
Connecticut: Repubs hold all seats or maybe give up 1
Florida: Foley vacancy held by Repub candidate
Indiana: Repubs hold
Kentucky: Repubs hold, maybe give up 1
New Hampshire: Repubs hold
New Jersey: Repubs hold
New York: Repubs hold, maybe give up 1 to Dems
North Carolina: Repubs hold
Ohio: Repubs hold
Pennsylvania: Repubs hold House, Dems may pick up 1 Senate
Virginia: Repubs hold
Central Time Zone:
Illinois: Repubs hold
Iowa: Repubs hold
Minnesota: Mark Kennedy loses to Amy Klobuchar so Dems get 1 Senate Seat here. Republican Michele Bachman wins Congressinal seat beating Democrat Patty Wetterling.
Texas: Repubs hold
Wisconsin: Repubs hold
Mountain and Pacific Time Zone:
Arizona Jim Kolbe's seat: Toss Up
I have no selections in the Mountain and Pacific Time Zones.
I hate to say it, but if by 10PM-1AM Central Time tonight - when Eastern State results are close to their final tallies and Midwest States are close to wrapping it up - the Dems haven't proven their momentum and aren't winning, I don't see them picking up their hoped-for majorities in the Western States.
Look, my ratio of prediction/accuracy is laughable. If you want to make easy money on a sporting event, ask me who I think will win, and then bet the opposite.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.