Friday, November 03, 2006
Come, Come To Iran! Our Board of Tourism Welcomes You!
Iran is offering money to travel agents who can lure certain types of tourists, and the rate is double for bringing European and US travellers [sic].
"Iran's tourism department will pay $US20 ($A26) for every American or European tourist that travel agents can bring," Mohammad Sharif Malekzadeh, deputy director of the Tourism and Cultural Heritage Organisation, said.
His statement specified a $US10 payment for luring Asians.
Wait, I take that back....$20 Bucks! I'm sold, aren't you?!?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.