Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Does THIS Upset Liberals At All?
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has fired an ominous warning at the country's educated elites by calling for a purge of "liberal and secular" academics in the country's universities.
In what some analysts interpreted as the start of a clampdown, Mr. Ahmadinejad derided secular lecturers as a fifth column of Western colonialism, which he said was seeking to expand into Iran.
"Today, students should protest and shout at the President asking why some liberal and secular professors are still present in the universities," he told a gathering of young scientists on Tuesday.
Iran's Islamic authorities have kept universities under close surveillance since a wave of student protests demanding greater freedom in 1999. A student leader, Akbar Mohammadi, died in jail in July after a hunger strike started in protest at being re-imprisoned following a long-term release on medical grounds.
No, wait, I take it all back. See - all you Lefties - he's tying Western Colonialism to Liberalism, Academia and Unabashed Secularism. He's right, I agree with him: "a purge of 'liberal and secular' academics in the country's universities,"...and..."asking why some liberal and secular professors are still present in the universities." Getting rid of Liberals in the educational system can't be a bad thing, can it?
Good times, ahhhhhhh, good times!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.