Saturday, September 09, 2006
The Computers of Tomorrow, Today?
And gee - will I ever need THIS much memory or is it a waste of money?
"Incredible prices! We're practically giving it away!"
No really 300 baud and that was fast.
would you rather play those commodore games or the games, races, simulations we have today.....nyuck nyuck!
300 Baud....heh.... I agree that in some ways we've become a society that gets impatient when out screen doesn't loand "in once second". Where, 15 years ago, we'd have been very happy for our screen to load in 30 seconds. or somewhere around there anyway.
I too would have been proud to been involved in the technological advances back then too.
So you're in your what..mid seventies, eighties now? (heh!)
My apartment used to be called Gaming Central. The big game on the C64 was Pirates. I liked playing Telegard. It was 100% Vic Basic so I hacked it and 1) fixed the ring of protection that didn't work.
2) improved some of the magic items.
Now I get made if my RTS game doesn't have cheat codes.
The Picture of Dorian Grey:
You were Game Central, wow!
We gotta have some cheat codes, I'd never made it through DOOM and others without them. We all have to be thankful for the folks who publish the cheat codes!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.