Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Are You Happy To See Me...
Environmental group Greenpeace called on Friday on the European Union to ban the use of chemical plastic softeners in sex toys because they contained dangerous substances known as phthalates.
"Adult sex toys contain the same toxic substances that EU banned from use in children's toys," said Greenpeace.
The environmental group said it was shocked to find that seven of the eight sex toys it had tested contained between 24% and 51% of phthalates.
"It is unbelievable that such toxic substances can be used in adult toys."
Oh wait... "Manufacturers have excellent alternatives available...," Van Opzeeland said."
Never mind... all is well.
Hmmm... now I wonder how we can blame this one on Bush... ahem.
I'll guess its Bush's fault cuz he refused to sign Kyoto, the global warming treaty????
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.