Friday, August 04, 2006
One Hit News
Jon Ellch and David Maynor have created quite a stir around the computing world. They used low level hacks to take advantage of a MacBook via the Wi-Fi card drivers.
They did it on the MacBook because the "smugness on security" that most Mac users have and the fact that Maynor wants to "stab one of those users in the eye with a cigarette" regarding the actors in the latest Apple commercials.
- - -
** Should the art of Arno Breker be on display? Some people are upset over it.
- - -
** Um...it's a....um....Self-Pleasure-A-Thon, is what one could call it.
And The Police are on Hand....ur, um....on Standby. Oh, that sounds a bit off, too:
The police have offered to lend their services to Britain's first "masturbate-a-thon" if demonstrators cause any trouble, organisers said today.
Saturday's controversial event, which is also the first of its kind in Europe and has been exported from the US, is being filmed by Channel 4 as part of a series of shows.
The "masturbate-a-thon" will see individuals invited to pleasure themselves at a converted photographic studio in Clerkenwell in central London, while raising money for charity.
** AirHead America...Sputtering in NYC. Broadcast power Reduced:
THE liberal Air America radio network is going to be harder to hear in New York.
Next month, it is switching stations - to a weaker AM station, WWRL (1600 AM).
Al Franken and his lefty colleagues are leaving WLIB (1190 AM) apparently because they couldn't come up with enough cash for the owners, former Manhattan Borough President Percy Sutton and his son, Pierre.
Starting Sept. 1, Air America will be on WWRL, at the top of the dial where AM signals are weakest - especially at night, when greater FCC restrictions apply.
I don't know if it's in the GDP or the GNP. Any economist/wanker out there want to weigh in on defining it?
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.