Friday, August 11, 2006
Minneapolis Mayor RT Rybak Runs Away From A Meeting on Gang Violence
...as Rybak prepared to make "a final statement," the Rev. Jerry McAfee of New Salem Baptist Church got in front of him with remarks of his own.
"You are not the only one who has a statement," he said, drowning out Rybak. "We're not going to permit you to come in here when you want, how you want. No more easy going, where if you don't get it your way, you get your stuff and go. If you have to go get in your car -- go."
Rybak proceeded to walk through the crowd and left with his staff.
The news conference then turned into a rally or protest, depending on the speaker.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.